Speech-therapists are squeezed between PPS, managed care,
and the Medicare cap. The lunch hour's been replaced by
the lunch quarter-hour in which you return phone calls
and try to eat. We know. Our clinical
consultant has been there.
One solution is for caregivers to take on more therapy
tasks. Unfortunately there are several obstacles to
Why your patients don't get home therapy
Clients do their "Bungalow
homework" because they...
- Caregivers are busy working and providing basic care for
the survivor. They have little time to provide
one-on-one drill practice, and "grade" worksheets, etc.
- Caregivers frequently don't have therapy- skills,
training or experience necessary to provide effective drill
therapy to the client.
- Some clients live alone or without a full-time
- Clients become bored or frustrated with worksheets
because they don't provide immediate feedback, or help if
the patient has difficulty. Also, many clients feel
that worksheets are "kids work" because school may be the
last place they did that sort of task.
- Get immediate, appropriate feedback and cueing.
- Work independently at their own speed.
- Have ownership of therapy.
- Get therapy in the comfort of their own home when and
for how long they want.
Effective home therapy improves your therapy session
Aphasia Tutor's multiple difficulty levels and
feedback ensure success...The patient never walks away [from
the program] discouraged."
Candice Gordon, Speech Therapist
Supervisor, Portland State Speech
and Science Program.
teach at a University and love the concept of your
company. Therapy is so much more effective when clients
can follow through with it at home.
"Bungalow is a wonderful addition and
supplement to our field, and a wonderful resource for our
West Texas A&M
University, Canyon, Texas