|Synonyms, Antonyms, &
This program is for higher level
word-retrieval ("word-finding") common in aphasia. It's a
companion or follow-on to Aphasia Tutor 2.
Displays a prompt such as "Up is the opposite of ___". The
patient chooses or types the correct answer. As the title
suggests, has lessons where the patient finds a word that has
the same meaning (Synonym), opposite meaning (Antonym) or
finds another word that sounds the same (Homonym).
levels are very challenging. The patient is given a
definition. S/he must then match that to the definition of
another word that sounds the same.
15 Lessons of increasing difficulty:
- Opposites (multiple choice)
- Opposites (fill-in-the blank)
- Opposites (multiple choice) - Harder
- Opposites (fill-in-the blank) - Harder
- Words with the same meaning (multiple choice)
- Words with the same meaning (fillin)
- Words with the same meaning (multiple choice) - Harder
- Words with the same meaning (fillin) - Harder
- Words with the same meaning (multiple choice) - Hardest
- Words with the same meaning (fillin) - Hardest
- Words that sound alike (multiple choice)
- Words that sound alike (fillin)
- Words that sound alike (Hard)
- Words that sound alike (Harder)
- Words that sound alike (Hardest) [view
Lesson 1: Pick the opposite
Lesson 2: type the opposite of the
Lesson 9: Synonyms (words with the same
Easiest level (#1)
BIG is the opposite of
(Answer: a. Small)
- Word retrieval
- Vocabulary development
|Most challenging level (#15)
"precipitation is ___"
which sounds like the word for :
- kitchen appliance which keeps food cold
- pants made with denim
- the rule of royalty
- paper which assists route-finding
Answer: C, because "the rule of royalty" is "Reign"
which SOUNDS LIKE "rain". Precipitation
Level 15: Match two definitions for
different words that sound alike (whale and wail, in this
- Boosts patient self esteem
- Provides weeks or months of self-paced speech therapy
- Practical preparation for "the real world"
- There are also advantages for clinicians, such as saving
time and providing an extra service (free demo disks)
- Over 350 exercises.
- 14 different lessons, each at a different difficulty.
- Sound cues provided for the Homonym lessons.
- Easy-to-use. You can use the mouse or keyboard.
Pro version Features
These features are available in the Professional
version of the program.
- Save time with automatic progress-tracking.
Results of each session are saved, by client, to a file.
You can print this or copy it into other documentation.
- Automatically remembers settings for each patient
So, when Mr. Jones comes back in for his next visit, you just
select Mr. Jones and the program remembers how he did last time,
what lesson he was using, and what settings you used for him.
- Repetition Practice
Repeat the first 20 questions 5 times, or repeat as many
questions as you like as many times as you like. You can
also control the length of the lesson without repetition, such as
having a 25 exercise lesson. (Bungalow programs have so many
exercises we've found that even one lesson can be too much for a
patient to do in one sitting.
- Multiple-computer site license
Licensed for 2 PCs at one address (one building) and for
multiple patients (users) on each PC. Contact us for discounts on
multiple Pro licenses.
Detailed Answer (for computer geeks)
- Windows 95 or higher required, Windows 2000 or above
That means Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, or
If your computer has a Start button in the
lower left comer, you've got one of those versions. There are
several options for
- Sound Card
If your PC ever plays music (even just
at start up) it has a sound card. If it has external
speakers, it probably has a sound card. Speakers plug into
the sound card.
Required only for programs that record speech
(Sights'n Sounds, Numbers'n Sounds, and SpeechPrism) These are
inexpensive. We sell them for $9.50.
- Screen that can display 256 or more colors.
- 20 MB Hard Drive space per program
To Purchase/Online Store
Aphasia Treatment Aphasia Therapy Speech Reading Comprehension
Registration Desk - Sign in for Questions, Comments & Other Info
|New PLAY ATTENTION Edufeedback system - for Attention, Focus, Concentration, Active and Short Term Memory, Hyperactivity Reduction, Reading Comprehension - uses the same feedback science and technology perfected for NASA astronauts and US Air Force pilots. Time payment plan options available.
Desiccants - Mol Sieve, Silica Gel - Excellent Quality and Lowest Prices on Quantity Purchases. More info...
PLEASE SIGN IN HERE
FOR QUESTIONS, COMMENTS,
AND FURTHER INFORMATION
We accept Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards
Allied Products/Biofeedback Instrument Corp.
255 W. 98th Street
New York, N.Y. 10025
Tel. (212) 222-5665 (5667 Fax)