|Benefits to Your School
Students will learn better and Teachers can teach better if they can:
- Expand short term and working memory
- Learn faster
- Remember more
- Focus your attention for longer periods of time
- Understand others better
- Express yourself with more precision and clarity
- Become more relaxed and free of anxiety
- Make decisions more quickly
- Solve complex problems
- Multitask with ease
- Be more creative
As part of The National Academy for Child Development's ongoing Simply Smarter Project 9 +/- 2, a special version of the Simply Smarter Software is now available for schools. In order to make this program possible for virtually all children, the non-profit Academy, in conjunction with Simply Smarter L.L.C., is making this special online version available to all public and private schools in the United States and internationally at a special Project 9+/-2 rate.
Simply Smarter for Schools will permit participating children to work on their sequential processing abilities in either English or Spanish from both their homes and their schools. This special online version will contain the full set of features found in the Simply Smarter software including the intensity program and all six activities used to develop auditory and visual sequential processing in addition to crucial visualization and conceptualization skills; the basic components of cognitive function. Each student or user will be provided with a unique user ID that will provide a detailed record of their ongoing scores as well as printable graphs and diagrams plotting progress. Any appointed school administrator will be able to comprehensively track each students progress and overall time spent on the activities.
Online versions are available for schools and corporations. Please contact Dr. Brotman for additional information.
To further the impact of the Project 9 +/-2 the National Academy for Child Development now making it possible for siblings and parents of participating students to utilize the online software at the student rate.
Who Should Participate?
Students, teachers, administrators and parents should all participate.
Why Should a School Participate in The Simply Smarter Project?
- There are two primary ways to learn, take in information and process information. The two primary channels through which we learn are our vision and our hearing. How can we possibly claim to be maximizing the educational opportunities of our children and ourselves if we do not even know how well we process visual and auditory information? The Simply Smarter Project will provide us with that information and assist us in building these vital skills.
- Data from your school population will be provided without cost.
- Baseline testing is anonymous. Data will be provided based on group codes.
- The data that will be collected from the project will benefit all of us involved in understanding cognition, improving education and raising our educational standards.
- The Simply Smarter Project is designed to be community based -- children, their parents and teachers are encouraged to participate as well as local companies and institutions.
- Raising sequential processing abilities can produce global cognitive and maturational change.
- Many educational and behavioral problems can be reduced or eliminated by improving sequential processing.
- The role of educators needs to be redefined to include assisting students in achieving their individual learning/neurological potentials.
- Schools can provide the impetus to raise not only the level of function of the students but the community as a whole.