AD/HD, ADD and LD
The WatchMinder3 was invented by a child psychologist who works
with children and adults with attention disorders. The watch is an
assistive device that is currently being used by persons with:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Learning Disorders
- Hearing Impairments
- Autism and Aspergers’s Syndrome
- Developmental Disabilities
The WatchMinder3 facilitates IDEA compliance. The watch is an
excellent tool for functional behavioral assessment and behavioral
Adults and children are successfully using the watch in a variety of
ways. Several States, including Nebraska, New York, and Kansas are using
the WatchMinder3 in their assistive technology loan programs. School
districts across the country are also purchasing the watch and using the
watches in their special education programs. Both the training and the
reminder modes are being used to modify behaviors and remember specific
tasks.The watch is being recommended by psychologists, psychiatrists,
ADD coaches, and professional organizers. Here are some interesting uses
for the WatchMinder:
- Busy parents with children who have learning
and attentional problems are using the watch to remind themselves
to GIVPOS, meaning to give positive reinforcement. Studies indicate
that parents spend a great deal of time being negative and
focussing on what the child is doing “wrong”. The watch is getting the
parents back on track and in a more positive frame of mind.
- Teachers also are busy and forget to GIVPOS.
The WatchMinder3 is reminding teachers to remember to give positive
reinforcement throughout the school day.
- Children are using the watch to self-monitor
their own behavior. One training message is selected for the child,
such as PYATTN. Throughout the school day this message appears and
the child self-reports whether he/she was paying attention. A
scorecard is maintained by the child and reinforcement is given at the
end of the day/week for self-monitoring the behavior. Research
suggests that self-monitoring can be effective in improving
- College students with ADD and LD are finding that watch is very effective for time management and pacing during exams.
- Persons with hearing impairments can “feel” the vibration and find the watch to be beneficial in their daily lives.
- Persons with visual impairments find the large face and large characters easy to read
- Many children with attention disorders forget
to write down their homework before they leave school. COPYHW
meaning copy homework in your planner can be activated just before
the end of the school day.
- Middle and high school students find the watch helpful with their class schedules and time management.
- The watch helps children remember to CHORES and CALHME.
- The watch helps children and adults achieve
independence. The parent does not need to “nag” the child, the
watch is the prompt to do a particular task. The watch can help
improve parent/child relationships.
Registration Desk - Sign in for Questions, Comments & Other Info
|New PLAY ATTENTION Edufeedback system - for Attention, Focus, Concentration, Active and Short Term Memory, Hyperactivity Reduction, Reading Comprehension - uses the same feedback science and technology perfected for NASA astronauts and US Air Force pilots. Time payment plan options available.
Desiccants - Mol Sieve, Silica Gel - Excellent Quality and Lowest Prices on Quantity Purchases. More info...
PLEASE SIGN IN HERE
FOR QUESTIONS, COMMENTS,
AND FURTHER INFORMATION
We accept Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards
Allied Products/Biofeedback Instrument Corp.
255 W. 98th Street
New York, N.Y. 10025
Tel. (212) 222-5665 (5667 Fax)